Sofina Foods is one of Canada's leading manufacturers of primary and further processed protein products for retail and foodservice customers as well as international markets. We manufacture pork, beef, turkey, chicken and fish products. Our family of brands include: Cuddy, Lilydale, Janes, Mastro, San Daniele, Fletcher's, Vienna, Riserva and Zamzam. We are also the exclusive distributor of Italy's finest Rio Mare, Lavazza and San Benedetto products in Canada.
Reporting to the Plant Manager, the Supervisor of Live Haul acts as a liaison between the hatchery, producer, and processor to ensure supply of live is being met at plant level. This position oversees the scheduling of catchers for chicken; as well as the live haul logistics for the Port Coquitlam live supply. Oversees Live Receiving activities.
- Accountable to provide information and act as a liaison between production and live operations to ensure healthy, usable product is being acquired and delivered.
- Manages the scheduling of the live haul trucking activity and catching crews to meet the plants requirements/kill schedules, by coordinating poultry placement to maximize planning and plant efficiency from farm to plant.
- Schedule and maintain preventative maintenance live haul trailers, modules, yard equipment
- Ensure all parties in the supply chain are following responsible handling of the birds during loading and transportation to the production facility.
- Accountable to oversee the live operations administration by ensuring accurate and timely payments are made through the Poultry Purchase Voucher (PPV) system
- Min of 5 years of food processing environment with post-secondary education in the field of logistics and warehouse management or equivalent experience. A minimum of three years of experience in a supervisory capacity
- Excellent communication skills and accuracy of mathematic calculations is essential.
- Animal welfare training background
- Relationship building skills
- Demonstrated analytical and decision-making skills, sound judgment, and the ability to effectively prioritize competing tasks.
- Valid BC Driver's license.
- Proficient in word processing, communications and spreadsheet applications.
- Job Family Operations
- Pay Type Salary