Welcome to Gordon Food Service! We are excited that you are thinking about opportunities with us, and we have an amazing story to share. Here's a quick glance of who we are and the impact you could have on the food service industry. There's a seat at our table for you...About us:
We're a company with integrity at its core. We believe in treating each other with respect and working as a team to get things done right. And because of this collaboration, we've created an atmosphere that's fun, supportive, and alive with energy! At Gordon Food Service British Columbia Division Ltd., our continued focus on quality and exceptional service has made us one of Canada's largest food service distributors. Based out of Grand Rapids, Michigan and founded in 1897 Gordon Food Service is a successful, family-oriented company. We are proud to offer our employees career advancement with training and comprehensive benefits.Position Summary:
** This position will service the area of Prince George, B.C. and surrounding geography. The successful applicant must reside in Northern BC.What We Offer:
- Constantly seeking opportunities for growth, you will bring new customers to Gordon Food Service as well as grow the customers you already have.
- You will lead with curiosity, consulting with customers and prospects to understand what is most important to them, where their challenges are and identify solutions to help them achieve their goals, improving their overall profitability.
- You will be responsible for the profitability of your overall territory, maximizing the tools that Gordon Food Service provides you, to exceed your customer's expectations of service, quality and partnership.
- Your activities will include, but not be limited to, facilitating customers orders, delivery interaction between customers and Gordon Food Service, as well staying current on industry trends to ensure you are a subject matter expert in your field.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- FULL flex benefits program
- Company matching RRSP
- Family culture
- Advancement opportunities
- Profit Sharing
- Medical, Dental, Prescription Drug, and EFAP Benefits after 30 days of employment
- 125 year, family owned and operated company history
Skills You Bring:
- Travel through assigned territory to call on existing and prospective customers to maintain, seek growth opportunities and increase profitable sales volume while managing multiple varied customer accounts. Annual growth in sales and margin is an expectation.
- Act as a business partner to customer accounts, with a focus on helping the customer increase their business, providing customer menu solutions as needed, utilizing internal Product Specialists and Culinary Advisors.
- Promote new products and marketplace trends to new and existing customers.
- Respond to customer concerns with urgency.
- Maintain current customer records and profiles through leveraging the CRM tool daily.
- Review territory reports to evaluate progress and sales volume by tracking budgets and business plans as well as identifying product line targets for accounts, to consistently increase volume and profitability.
- Liaise with your District Sales Manager (DSM) to ensure consistency of customer contracts and opportunities that exist to increase business through selling to the contract. Carry out all other responsibilities as required by the DSM.
- Liaise with Customer Support Center, Marketing, Warehouse, and Transportation as required to ensure customer satisfaction with all products and services.
- Help to keep customers current to their given terms, working with the Credit Department through all accounts payable scenarios.
- Live the Gordon Food Service Cornerstone Values, represent GFS in the community aligned with the Cornerstone Values and effectively communicate the mission and story of the organization.
Education and Experience:
- This position requires attention to detail, accuracy, and a focus on delivering results that positively impact the business
- Must be a self-starter who takes initiative and drives results
- Strong leadership skills including working with a variety of people at all levels of the business
- Must have strong sales communication skills, which include verbal, written, and presentation skills
- Must have own vehicle and $2 million in liability insurance
- Must have the ability to multi-task and work well under pressure
- Well-developed communication skills, both written and verbal
- Must be dependable, accurate, aggressive and focus driven
- Well-developed negotiation skills
- Customer is King mentality
- Excellent computer skills including Google G-Suite
- Minimum Grade 12 with High School Diploma
- Post-secondary education in Business, sales or Marketing
- Several years' experience in food services sales and management would be a definite asset as well as experience with Sales and Negotiation principles and procedures
Gordon Food Service is an equal opportunity employer who strives to provide an inclusive work environment that involves everyone and embraces the diverse talent of its people.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for the next stage will be contacted. Gordon Food Service is an equal opportunity employer who strives to provide an inclusive work environment that involves everyone and embraces the diverse talent of its people. All qualified applicants and employees will receive consideration for employment, or in terms or conditions of employment, without regard to any enumerated or analogous grounds of discrimination, including race, religious beliefs, colour, gender, gender identity, gender expression, physical disability, mental disability, age, ancestry, place of origin, marital status, source of income, family status, sexual orientation or status as a qualified individual with disability.
If you require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process due to a disability, please submit your request to [email protected]
and use the words "Accommodation Request" in your subject line.