Client Care Specialist Team Leader (CCS-TL)(This job description is in addition to your current role in hospital)Reports To:
General Manager, Assistant General ManagerJob Summary:
The role of CCS Team Leader will support, lead and direct both our client care and referral coordinator teams in a professional and engaging manner while recognizing the responsibilities involved in responding to client and co-worker questions. The ideal candidate will act as the primary point of contact for all client relations and customer support staff. The CCS Team Leader will also work closely with the hospital's leadership team to promote a positive hospital image while continuously evolving our team culture to become the veterinary employer of choice in our Vancouver market.Duties and Responsibilities:
The following serve as examples and is not all inclusive:
- Ensures all new staff members receive orientation and adequate training prior to being placed into the rotation.
- Provides support, coaching/mentoring and motivation to all team members by being present on the floor for various shifts and checking in with each service regularly.
- Creates an inspiring team environment with an open communication culture.
- Assigns time to administrative duties to consistently meet deadlines and deliver results.
- Submit a weekly report or in-person briefing as to address progress or needs to hospital team.
- Recognizes limitations of the service, team or individual members and seeks out solutions to resolve situations proactively.
- Recognizes conflict within the team and attempt to resolve it in a timely manner. Submit incident reports regarding such conflict when appropriate.
- Produces a strategic schedule that ensures an equal (fair) rotation for all full time staff members while meeting the needs of the business.
- Coordinate vacation coverage to ensure all shifts are adequately staffed and work closely with the other team leaders to ensure complete hospital coverage using trained full time staff before locums whenever possible.
- Assists with interviewing and hiring new staff members for the team.
- Attend leadership meetings (minimum biweekly attendance) and contribute feedback as to decisions put forward by the leadership team and ensure complete confidentially from all discussion at these meetings. Brings forth any concerns to the leadership on behalf of your team.
- Be accountable for team performance through teaching, in the moment coaching and providing feedback to build capabilities.
- Assists with conducting annual PAWS reviews for team members and gather feed back from other hospital staff members.
- Assists with coach and connect sessions for each team member on a quarterly basis.
- Assists with planning regular continuing education events for the team to be held in conjunction with the monthly team meeting whenever possible.
- Update training manuals as necessary.
- Manage payroll and ADP time clocks for CCS direct reports.
- Actively solve any cash handling discrepancies and signs off on daily deposit tracking for compliance.
- Manages bank runs and coin orders
- Coordinates transportation of bank deposits in accordance to our accounting team's timeline each period.
- Act as a liaison for various Client Care resources/companies (insurance reps, Madill, IT, Pitney Bowes, staples, third party financing)
- Maintain fax/email and referral hospital directory
- Understand insurance process with all companies and aid guides
- Send weekly correspondence to teams, updates, emails, sharing best practices, and recognizing individual contribution of your direct reports
- Host team meetings (in person or virtually) bi-monthly to address hot button issues
- Excellent Interpersonal Skills: Effective communicator with extensive customer relations and service experience and preferred management experience.
- Strong Leadership Abilities: Mentor and role-model for others, willing to embark on new challenges and diverse learning opportunities and push team to new heights.
- Proven Team Player: Demonstrated through the formation of strong working relationships and trust, while working in positions which require the confidence of fellow staff members.
- Time Management: Ability to prioritize, work quickly and precisely while handling the pressure of a time sensitive work environment.
- Dependable: Punctual and trustworthy, promotes a positive and adaptable attitude to maintain an ongoing commitment to growth.
- Efficient and Hardworking: Highly organized and meticulous, emphasizing independence, self-motivation, and a courteous and professional outlook.
- Experience within a veterinary customer service based setting is an asset
- Work experience as both a Client Care Specialist or referral coordinator is preferred
- Computer skills: proficiency with Microsoft Office and Woofware Veterinary Software
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this position. This is not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all the responsibilities, qualifications and skills required to perform this function. All employees may be required to upgrade their skills and qualifications by attending additional training at request. Employees may also be called upon to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time and as required to meet ongoing organizational needs.If you are a current associate, you need to apply through our internal career site. Please log into Workday and click on the Career worklet on the landing page or search for Find Jobs. You can also copy the link below into a browser to apply through our internal career site:
VCA Canada is Canada's largest network of companion animal hospitals, devoted to providing compassionate care for pets. Our team of over 2500 people operate specialty-referral, primary care, alternative therapy and emergency hospitals and are committed to providing superior patient care and client experience. At our core are our people - people with different strengths and interests that enrich our diversity, innovation and excellence. In support we provide career development and growth opportunities, continuing education, scholarships and awards. We are also passionate about giving back to the community through Paw It Forward, our national philanthropic program.
Benefits: Additionally, we offer a generous compensation package including health and dental insurance, paid vacation, employee discounts, CE, and more.