Core-Mark (Nasdaq CORE) www.core-mark.com
Core-Mark is a Fortune 300 company that continues to grow for over 130 years as an industry leader in fresh and broad-line solutions to the convenience retail industry. Our reputation of empowering customers, employees, and communities has allowed us to build over $16 Billion in revenue. Through our 32 distribution centers, we offer a full range of products, programs, and solutions to customers across the U.S. and Canada.
At Core-Mark, you will discover a culture that enables you to grow, challenges you to achieve, and embraces you as family. Show us your power and come explore your opportunities with Core-Mark.
THE POWER OF ONE. STRENGTHENED BY ALL.Position Summary:As the Human Resources Manager, you will be responsible for directly supporting the daily operations for the Division. You will drive recruitment efforts and provide safety, workers compensation, employee relations, payroll, benefits, and training functions. A successful candidate will contribute to the development of managers, discover opportunities through creative solutions, and play a strategic role in ensuring an environment that enables all.Position Responsibilities:
Skills & Experiences:
- Contributing to business goals and creating new approaches, policies and procedures within HR.
- Ensuring high levels of employee engagement through direct approaches.
- Mentoring at all levels of the organization.
- Driving effective development, employee relations, retention, and reward programs.
- Preparing and distributing payroll; tracking vacation, sick time, holidays, and other leaves.
- Maintaining all personal records, status changes, payroll, and other reports/documentation.
- Administering benefits for employees - medical, dental, vision and 401K.
- Distributing all information from corporate to employees as needed.
- Onboarding new hires and providing benefit orientation for new hires/newly eligible employees.
- Facilitating enrollment for AFLAC, 401K, and other benefits.
- Processing and tracking Short term/Long term disability.
- Reporting accidents and collaborating with Worker's Comp. Administer as needed.
- Leading safety through reporting, monitoring, and committee organization.
- Recruiting, hiring, screening, pre-employment testing applicants; maintain all records.
- Collaborating with department managers with recruitment needs.
- Investigating and resolving employment relation concerns.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Human Resources, or a related field.
- Minimum of 8 years of HR experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Extensive knowledge of employment laws and regulations.
- Experience with employees of all levels and of HR information systems.
- Proficiency with computers utilizing Microsoft products such as Excel.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
At Core-Mark, we know your power comes from your overall well-being and the well-being of your family. That's why we offer a comprehensive benefits package that supports the health of you and your family. As a part of our family, your benefit offerings include:
- Highly Competitive Medical, Dental, & Vision Coverage
- Medical Coverage including: Massage Therapy, Chiropractic, and other Paramedical Practitioners
- Core-Benefits: Life (includes dependent coverage), Disability, & Employee Assistance Program paid by Core-Mark
- Work/Life Balance: Sick Leave, Vacation Time and Holidays
- Financial Wellness: RRSP, Paid Direct Drug Card, & Scholarship Opportunities for children of employees