From coast-to-coast, our inspiring colleagues are at the heart of what we do best: helping people, businesses and society prosper in good times and be resilient in bad times. With our team, you'll bring this purpose to life every day by living our Values, being open to change, and pursuing your goals.
At Intact, we'll give you countless opportunities to learn and grow, alongside a diverse and passionate community of experts - the best the industry has to offer. You'll be empowered to be your best self, do your best work, and make a meaningful impact. Here, you can: shape the future of insurance, win as a team, and grow with us.
About the role
We're looking for an Administrative Support
to join our growing team!
As an Administrative Support
, your work will have a big impact on our Legal Claims team, by providing front line administrative support to the Legal Claims Department.This position is a fulltime permanent opportunity based in Vancouver, BC.
Here are a few ways you'll make a difference:
- Responsible for providing administrative support in the following areas:
- Processing all incoming and outgoing mail
- Photocopying, printing and scanning documents
- Assembling materials to file with the courts
- Opening and closing legal claims files and records retention
- Provide support and back up for conflict checks/file assignments, library filing, office supply orders, delegating facsimiles and other miscellaneous tasks.
- Ability to effectively prioritize workflow in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines
- Document management skills with the ability to learn and utilize software programs
- Excellent attention to detail with the ability to read, identify and allocate documents
- Ability to prioritize and organize
- Excellent communication, listening, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently, exercise sound judgment and take initiative
Qualifications What you bring to the table:
Here are a few reasons why others have joined our team:
- Administrative Assistant experience working in a large organization
- Post-secondary education - preferably within Legal
- Strong proficiency level using Microsoft Office Suite programs
- Positive attitude while adapting to changing priorities and taking ownership of work
- Set high standards, be an agent of change, adaptive, with a strong drive to outperform
Flexible Work Arrangements
- An award-winning, inspiring workplace that supports its people and recognizes great work
- Stimulating, challenging projects and development opportunities to help you grow your skills and career
- A comprehensive financial rewards program that recognizes your success
- An extensive, flexible benefits package
- An industry leading Employee Share Purchase Plan where we match 50% of net shares purchased
- A $350 annual wellness account that promotes an active lifestyle
Right now, we support 100% remote work, if your role permits. We anticipate that in early 2022, we'll be moving to a hybrid approach which gives us the best of both worlds - a mix of home and in-office workdays.
Closing Statement We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
At Intact, our value of Respect is founded on seeing diversity as a strength, being inclusive and fostering collaboration. We value diversity and strive to create an inclusive, accessible workplace where all individuals feel valued, respected and heard.
If we can provide a specific adjustment to make the recruitment process more accessible for you, please advise the Talent Acquisition partner who reaches out about the job opportunity and they will work with you to meet your needs. Background Checks
As an employer and publicly traded financial services company, the best interests of our customers, employees and shareholders are important to us. We want Intact to be a great place to work! This means that internal and external candidates will be asked to consent to background checks so we can learn more about you. Please note that for positions with access to financial data or funds, your credit must be in good standing.Internal Candidates
For internal candidates, you can apply for a posted position if you have been in your current position for at least 12 months and are performing at a satisfactory level. Please note we may have identified other internal candidates through our Employee Development Program, and that the selection process may also be opened to external applicants.Eligibility to Work in Canada
It's important that you are legally eligible to work in Canada at the time an offer of employment is made. You may be requested to provide proof of eligibility at that time.This posting closes on January 25, 2022 at 11:59 PM EST.