About us: Archiact Interactive is a Vancouver-based Virtual and Augmented Reality (VR/AR) Studio that develops new and unique ways for people to play games and interact with each other. We partner with IP holders, large publishers, and tech brands to create and deliver immersive, high-end game experiences across multiple platforms with a special focus on building new tools for cutting-edge emerging technology.
Our games: Recent titles include DOOM 3: VR Edition (on PSVR), FREEDIVER: Triton Down (on PC, PSVR, and Oculus Quest), and MARVEL: Dimension of Heroes (a smartphone-powered Superhero experience built for Lenovo Mirage AR). We are currently in the early stages of several new and highly innovative projects with leading industry partners and are searching for the best and the brightest to help us transform the world of VR and AR game development.
Our values: At Archiact, diversity is developed and driven by our employees. Inclusion is the way we show our commitment to this core value. Diversity in all areas of our workforce helps us build innovative and immersive experiences that are accessible to everyone.
Role Overview: We are looking for a passionate Technical Narrative Designer who enjoys working on an agile and fast-paced team that is bringing high-quality VR/AR projects to life. This is a 12 month fixed-term contract position. We are a Vancouver-based studio but are happy to consider candidates from all over Canada to work remotely.
About you: You are comfortable working in a close-knit and collaborative team with a wide range of skill sets and personalities. You enjoy the creative problem-solving process required to bring original concepts and high-profile IPs to life in an immersive experience. You thrive in teams and are open to taking on new challenges to assist in raising the quality bar of the end product.
- Champion the games emotional design through narrative system implementation with a special focus on VR interactions.
- Clearly define the game's narrative design, collaborating with writers, designers, and engineers to solidify the game's narrative systems, workflows, and methodologies.
- Define and implement narrative briefs and prototypes to solidify the game concept, and define workflows and production requirements based on a wide variety of in-development tools and techniques.
- Iterate on narrative features and pipelines to define quality bars in story presentation and efficient content creation workflows.
- Create and help manage narrative data and assets across multiple different tools and formats, including multiple languages.
- Conceive and collaborate on narrative scenarios, gameplay, and objectives tied to larger story goals.
- Collaborate and execute on the implementation of narrative events with the narrative and level design teams.
- Remain current on VR game industry narrative trends including new VR games and game genres, emerging VR narrative design methods and techniques.
- Experience working on multiple game titles in a design capacity.
- Experience with working on multiple branching and interconnecting conversations and/or storylines in an interactive environment.
- Previous experience managing and working with conditional logic and preconditional data.
- Proficiency in implementation with Unreal and Blueprints.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- A passion for video games, storytelling, and the possibilities of VR.
Nice to Have:
- Experience with VR.
- Shipped at least one game with a heavy narrative focus.
- Multiple shipped titles designing and implementing narrative systems.
- Experience implementing NPC performances and cinematic sequences.
Benefits & Perks - What's in it for you?:
- A competitive base salary.
- 4% vacation pay and sick days.
- Flexible work schedule and remote working.
- Relocation assistance for candidates outside of BC, Canada.
- Fully equipped onsite gym.
- An opportunity to work on a high-profile IP.
- The chance to be part of an experienced, high-achieving, and fun team.
- An international and diverse atmosphere.
- The opportunity to help pave the way for the future of VR/AR gaming.