We're looking for team members whose legendary attention to detail and commitment to phenomenal service comes naturally. Pursue a lifestyle that will elevate your expectation of what work can look like. Nothing is too big or too small for the staff to bravely pursue and elevate the expectations of the guest. Do you possess a calling for delivering world-class events and amenities? Explore Employment Opportunities with Whistler Blackcomb! www.vailresortscareers.com/whistlerblackcomb
As of Nov. 15, 2021, Vail Resorts will be requiring all employees across North America to be vaccinated for COVID-19.
The Ski and Snowboard School Support Team is responsible for many aspects of the day-to-day operations in our Ski and Snowboard School. Team members will be responsible for the image, appearance, and functionality of indoor facilities and outdoor teaching areas, including daily set up and tear down, lunch service, rental shop operations, and assistance with check-in and check-out procedures of child students. Team members will also spend time with small children performing indoor programming activities, assisting in ski school classes and helping to motivate children when necessary.
Responsibilities include; but are not limited to:
• Prep and serve meals and help oversea all aspects of our Children's lunch facility
• Daily set up and tear down of outdoor teaching areas with an emphasis on attention to detail to present an area that is sharp, professional in appearance, and consistently set up to optimally utilize teaching terrain and teaching tools within the area.
• Daily set up and tear down of indoor facilities with an emphasis on attention to detail to present an area that is clean, orderly, welcoming, and conducive to operating efficiently.
• Understanding of and compliance with relevant food handling safety code.
• Understanding of and compliance with relevant health code for facility cleanliness including common areas, toys, equipment, etc...
• Ability to keep and maintain a clean and orderly facility that accommodates daily high-volume guest flow.
• Working with small children to facilitate appropriate games and activities in both indoor and outdoor settings.
• Assist with ski school classes and discovery guide as necessary.
• Have an understanding of our rental shop processes, including how relevant paperwork is filled out and recorded, how to fit and size guests for ski and snowboard equipment, , and current with appropriate DIN Certification
• High School diploma or equivalent
• Experience in a fast paced, service-based environment
• Fluent in all aspects of English language
• Ability to work outdoors in a high alpine environment for extended periods
• Must be able to work weekends and holidays
• Strong communication skills with a wide variety of guests and employees
• Pass background check
• Intermediate to advanced skier/snowboarder
• Experience working with Children
• Experience in Food Prep Facility
• Current DIN Certification, completion of internal training including food safety handling, hand tool training, and child development training
• Free Ski passes for employees and dependents
• Discount lift tickets for friends and family
• Free ski lessons
• Discounted lodging, food, gear, and mountain shuttles
• Discounted bike haul & golf
• Excellent training and professional development
Whistler Blackcomb's Mission Statement is "Experience of a Lifetime" Love what you do! Because that's what we're all about. The Whistler Blackcomb staff is comprised of individuals who thrive in the outdoors, love the mountains, and are passionate about what they do. We look for applicants who share in this passion, whether you are looking for a seasonal job or wanting to build an exciting career, don't miss the chance to work and play in BC's winter wonderland. If you sound like our ideal applicant please apply online and show us what you've got. #wbworklove
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 394671