Company DescriptionLooking for a change, an opportunity to grow your skills, a chance to work with a team that is passionate about providing a great patient experience? Grow your career with us at Sodexo!Do you enjoy cleaning? Get in to Health Care NOW!
Our Healthcare Division has an exciting opportunity to join the Sodexo team at Ridge Meadows Hospital as a Housekeeper!
We are looking for 3 individuals to work Full time, Part-time, or as a Casual. Full time and part time will be eligible for benefits. We have shifts in the morning, afternoon, and overnight (graveyard).
All employees are members of the United Steelworkers Union. We have a wide array of hours and days of the week available, including graveyard shifts. We are a 24/7 operation. Hourly rate is $17.15 per hour. Contributing to The Well-Being and Quality of Our Consumers
The well-being of our consumers is at the heart of Sodexo's approach, customer engagement is integral in the services provided by Sodexo employees in various locations across Canada. We work closely with our consumers and clients to create an interactive and personalized environment for the well-being of everyone we serve.
Sodexo is proud to announce these nominations: 2021 Canada's Best Diversity Employer; 2021 Canada's Greenest Employers; 2020 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index featured company; 2020 Parity Certification - Platinum level and Progressive Aboriginal Relations (PAR) Program company - Gold Level.What We Can Offer You
Sodexo offers you a flexible and dynamic work environment, competitive compensation, access to ongoing training and development programs, and countless opportunities to grow within the company.Job DescriptionHow You will Make an Impact:
As a member of our housekeeping team, you will always provide the highest quality of customer service, while maintaining the premises in a clean and orderly manner, including:
QualificationsWhat You'll Need to Succeed:
- Daily & discharge cleaning patient rooms, offices, common areas, washrooms, halls, food service areas, and any other areas that may require attention
- Stripping and cleaning beds, collecting linen
- Cleaning desks, ceilings and vents, walls, blinds, kitchenettes, microwaves, washrooms, furniture, windows, floors and carpets
- Dusting, mopping, vacuuming, sweeping, polishing floors and replenishing supplies
- Emptying trash and waste containers
- Strong attendance
- Ability to use tools and equipment and to perform the physical aspects of the job including:
- Lift and handling up to 40lbs
- Prolonged walking and standing and bending
- Demonstrated exceptional customer service skills; willingness to go beyond.
- Ability to work under supervision and follow procedures, and compliance with all health and safety standards
- Personal and professional integrity, appearance, and demeanor
- Applicants will be required to complete Criminal Record Check and specified immunizations as a condition of employment.
- Sodexo is committed to providing a safe and healthy working environment for our team members, customers, clients, contractors, business partners, guests and members of the public with whom we regularly interact. As a provider of services in many client locations, including hospitals, long term care facilities, and senior homes, we require that all new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
If you're looking for a role where you can truly impact the lives of others, click "I'm interested"
for a quick 5-minute online application.Additional Information
Sodexo is committed to Employment Equity and Diversity. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of national origin, race, religion, ethnicity, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status or any other federal, provincial, or local protected class.
We welcome and encourage applications from persons with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates who participate in all aspects of the selection process. We use the masculine gender to lighten the text.Thank you for your interest in Sodexo.Please note that only selected candidates will be contacted
.Follow us on social media to see first-hand what we are all about!
LinkedIn: Sodexo Canada Careers
Facebook: Sodexo CA Jobs