Who we are?UNFI Canada is the largest natural and organic food distributor in North America! We provide healthier food choices to consumers everywhere, as part of our ongoing mission to #FeedthePlanet.Be a part of our team as an Essential Worker and help feed families everywhere!POSITION: Warehouse Order Picker (Nights)SCHEDULE: Sunday - Thursday 5:00 pm - 1:30 amLOCATION: Richmond, B.C. JOB TYPE: Full Time PermanentHourly Rate
: $19.50/hour start incl. warehouse productivity bonus and wage increase every 6 months!Start Date: Hiring Immediately!Reasons to Apply. Reasons to Stay at UNFI Canada:
- UNFI Canada has been declared an essential service in response to COVID-19. We offer permanent full time positions and guaranteed job stability.
- Comprehensive health & dental benefits package offered!
- Night shift premium offered
- Wage increase every 6 months!
- Warehouse Incentive Bonus
- RRSP contributions after 1 year of service
- Discounts on natural and organic foods!
- Select customer orders in a timely, efficient, and accurate manner; using our Warehouse Management System
- Load, unload, transport, and store materials or products; using powered equipment
- Build stable and secure pallets, pack goods to be shipped and prepare identifying information and shipping instructions
- Sort, sticker, and repack individual pieces when needed
- Performs duties in accordance with HACCP and Safe Quality Food (SQF) policies and procedures appropriate for location
- Performs other job duties as assigned by management
- High School Diploma , GED, or equivalent preferred.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Warehouse/Distribution/Fulfillment preferred but not required.
- Previous experience as a Warehouse Order Picker an asset.
- Willingness to learn about company culture, products, functions and disciplines
- Ability to operate powered equipment, preferred but not required
- Strong communication skills
- Adheres to company safety guidelines
- Works in a team environment and be flexible regarding tasks and schedule
OUR COMMITMENT:UNFI believes in a diverse and accommodating workplace. UNFI encourages and promotes applications from all qualified individuals, regardless of gender, age, race, ethnicity, disability or otherwise. UNFI is committed to providing full accommodation for persons with disabilities in all active processes and procedures including but not limited to the recruitment process. To request any accommodation you may require to participate in the recruitment process (including alternative formats of materials or accessible meeting rooms), please contact the main recruiting contact for the position or Human Resources to discuss your specific needs.
- Regularly exposed to moderate to cool conditions (from ambient room temperature to 5 degrees C) in a warehouse setting and may be subject to moderate noise levels
- Structured shift work; including evenings, statutory holidays, and weekends
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. while regularly walking and standing for the duration of the shift
- Use of Personal Protective Equipment