SGS is the world's leading inspection, verification, testing and certification company. SGS is recognized as the global benchmark for quality and integrity. It operates a network of over 2,000 offices and laboratories around the world.Job Description
This position will conduct a wide variety of testing and analysis on base and precious metal ores, industrial minerals and materials.
This job description applies to Laboratory Technicians in the Canadian metallurgical operations, in the technical areas of Mineral Processing, Gold Processing, Hydrometallurgy, Geometallurgy, Environmental Testing, and Mineralogy.
- Receive, inspect, sort and label client samples.
- Sort, crush, pulverize, split, and screen samples.
- Conduct routine testing.
- Record test data and communicate results.
- Carry out routine equipment maintenance.
- Calibrate and setup equipment prior to analysis.
- Install and operate equipment and systems.
- Maintain a clean working environment.
- Follow all company Health, Safety and Environmental policies.
- Follow all Quality system protocols and report any discrepancies to the Supervisor.
- May be assigned special or ad hoc projects.
- A minimum of a high school diploma is required.
- Good hand/eye coordination when handling samples & various equipment.
- Good time management skills and a strong attention to detail.
- Candidates must be able to communicate effectively in English, in both verbal and written communication.
- Ability to work well with others & independently.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Extended hours and shift work may be required from time to time.
- Travel to other SGS locations or client location may be required from time to time.
- Must ensure full compliance with the company's Health & Safety, Code of Integrity, and Professional Conduct policies.
SGS Canada is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to achieving greater accessibility by providing accommodation for people with disabilities during our hiring process. Accommodations are available on request for qualified candidates during each stage of the recruitment process.
Please note that candidates applying for Canadian job openings should be authorized to work in Canada.