Description Are you passionate about reaching new heights, teamwork and making a meaningful contribution? Do you picture yourself as a valued member of an industry-leading organization? If you answered yes to these questions, Air Canada is seeking enthusiastic individuals to join the diverse and vibrant team working together to lead the growth and expansion of Canada's flag carrier.
Air Canada, recently ranked Best Airline in North America, is currently looking for Ramp Agents (Station Attendants) to join our ground handling team at the Vancouver Airport.
We are looking for result oriented, reliable and highly adaptable individuals that enjoy tackling various tasks in a team setting environment. Whether handling baggage or freight, or operating complex loading equipment, the Ramp Agents (Station Attendants) play a key role in ensuring that the aircraft are ready for a secure and on-time departure.
Permanent full-time employment is 40 hours per week, and permanent part-time employment can be scheduled for a minimum of 20 hours and a maximum of 32 hours per week. The current salaries are $16.60/hr for the Part Time position and $17.75/hr for the Full Time position as per the collective agreement Additionally, shift premiums will apply as follows: Afternoon - $0.50 for each hour worked between 18:00 and 23:00. Midnight - $1.00 for each hour worked between 23:00 and 6:00.
Competitive benefits and travel privileges accessing Air Canada's extensive global network.Responsibilities:
- Drive and operate ramp-servicing vehicles and equipment.
- Marshal or tow aircraft to gate positions for passenger boarding and deplaning and for loading and unloading of cargo and passenger baggage.
- On-load/off-load cargo and passenger baggage.
Please take 2 minutes to watch the following videos with more information about the Ramp Agent (Station Attendant) role:
- Mandatory Covid-19 Vaccination Required.
- Available for shift work and irregular work hours- early mornings, evenings, weekends and statutory holidays.
- Able to lift heavy objects unaided and repetitively weighing up to 70 pounds (32 kilograms).
- Willingness to work under various climatic conditions.
- Capacity to work within strict timelines in order to maintain on-time departures while ensuring safety at all times.
- Eligible to work in Canada. If you hold a work permit, it must be valid for a minimum of 12 months.
- Possess a valid driver's license.
- Available to attend a 2-4 weeks full time paid mandatory training.
- Pass security clearance and obtain the Transport Canada security card.
- Employees in this role, conduct safety-critical work and as such, Air Canada medical standards must be met in order to qualify for the role. Candidates will be subject to a medical evaluation.
- Candidates must be eligible to work in the country of interest, at the time any offer of employment is made and seeking any required work permits/visas or other authorizations which may be required is the sole responsibly of the candidates applying for this position.
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees' unique contributions to our company's success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.