Who are we?
UNFI Canada is the leading distributor for natural, organic and specialty foods. We strive on providing healthier food choices to families everywhere. It's part of our ongoing mission to #MoveFoodForward and #FeedthePlanet!Reasons to Apply. Reasons to Stay at UNFI Canada:
- Competitive pay rate with wage increase every 6 months
- Hourly Rate: $19.50/hour to start
- Comprehensive Health & Dental Benefits Plan offered
- RRSP contribution plan available
- On-site parking
- In-house training & certification
- Discounts on natural and organic products!
Night Warehouse AssociateJOB TYPE:
Sunday-Thursday 5:00 pm-1:30 amSTARTING WAGE
: $19.50/hour + warehouse productivity bonus and 0.50 cent wage increase every 6 months.LANGUAGE REQUIREMENTS:
Responsible for picking orders in a warehouse distribution environment, loading outbound trucks, and unloading products while ensuring product quality.LOCATION:
Richmond, B.C. (near Bridgeport & Knight St.)JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Pick customer orders in a timely, efficient, and accurate manner.
- Build stable and well-secured pallets.
- Label pallets and number the pallets correctly to ensure proper put-away or delivery.
- Place each completed pallets into cooler, loading area and/or truck as required. Assists safely with loading trucks.
- Maintain cleanliness of the warehouse by sweeping, removing trash as needed, etc.
- Sort, sticker and repack individual pieces appropriately.
- Adhere to all safety policies and procedures; wear appropriate PPE.
- Perform all duties in accordance with Company policies and procedures.
- Performs other job duties as required.
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Pallet Jack/Walkie Rider certified considered an asset.
*This position is not eligible for sponsorship. Applicants must have legal authorization work in Canada*OUR COMMITMENT:
- Previous experience in a warehouse environment preferred.
- Able to stand and work on feet for extended periods of time in a cool, damp environment.
- Certified to operate warehouse equipment, such as Pallet jack/Walkie rider.
- Able to read and correctly interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- High regard for safety.
- Able to safely operate pallet jacks/walkie rider.
UNFI believes in a diverse and accommodating workplace. UNFI encourages and promotes applications from all qualified individuals, regardless of gender, age, race, ethnicity, disability or otherwise. UNFI is committed to providing full accommodation for persons with disabilities in all active processes and procedures including but not limited to the recruitment process. To request any accommodation you may require to participate in the recruitment process (including alternative formats of materials or accessible meeting rooms), please contact the main recruiting contact for the position or Human Resources to discuss your specific needs.
- Additional Locations: Canada
- Schedule: Full-time