Core-Mark is a Fortune 300 company and leading distributor of fresh food and packaged goods to the convenience retail industry across the United States and Canada. Our 130-year legacy is built on embracing new challenges, delivering new solutions, and always supporting our customers and each other. Our success comes from both the power of our individual team members and working together as a team.
We are seeking a skilled shuttle truck driver to join our team! Our drivers ensure that our products arrive to our customers safely and on time, to multiple locations daily. With the variety of duties you'll perform from day-to-day, you will constantly be on the go and never bored. In addition to driving, our drivers are also required to do offloading work such as stacking and sorting delivered goods and completing pick-ups, as needed.
* This is a Part-Time position with two 10-hour night shifts on Monday and Wednesday
. Approx. start time 6 pm-7 pm. *potential to turn Full-Time in Spring season
*This would be a shuttle out of Kamloops to Burnaby (return to Kamloops)*$3,000 sign-on bonus ($1,000 at 30, 90, and 180 days)Responsibilities:
Education and Experience Requirements
- Pre- and post-shift equipment and vehicle checks;
- Checking load inventory against invoices to ensure accuracy;
- Unloading inventory at customer locations by ramp and hand dolly;
- Securing empty pallets and/or totes in the truck;
- Maintaining the cleanliness of the truck;
- Returning equipment following use
- A valid Class 1 license;
- Prefer experience driving a manual transmission, 10 speed or higher;
- A clean driving record;
- One year of driving experience (highway driving experience considered an asset);
- Store delivery experience is considered an asset.
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications:
- "A" Train experience preferred or "B" Train minimum;
- Winter driving experience;
- Mountain driving experience;
- Chain up experience;
- The ability to lift a minimum of 50lbs;
- Be self-motivated and driven;
- Be customer service oriented;
- Maintain professionalism at all times.
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of responsibilities, requirements, or working conditions associated with the job. While this list is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, the company reserves the right to revise the functions and duties of the job or to require that additional or different tasks be performed.Pre-employment screening, including a criminal background check and employment verification, are a condition of employment.