As a member of our warehouse team, you will take orders from request to reality, in an environment where you'll feel and create a culture of safety and family. You will safely and efficiently move and track all inbound, outbound, and stored products within the warehouse. This includes performing a variety of tasks such as; offloading, stocking, selecting, and replenishing products to ensure that the warehouse is providing Core-Mark customers with exceptional service and quality. This position is primarily in the Freezer, you will be working in freezer conditions and will be provided appropriate work wear.*Typical shift is 3pm- 1:00 am from Sunday - Thursday. **Public transportation is not available for this shift.Position Responsibilities:
Skills & Experiences:
- Receiving all inbound merchandise and locating proper pick location.
- Restocking order pick and flow lines to prepare warehouse for order selection.
- Ensuring placement of product in sufficient quantities to accommodate routine or special demands.
- Maintaining a high level of attention to detail by ensuring that proper attention is given to all areas including, but not limited to; balers, aisles, racking, floors, door pits, and other areas as assigned.
- Transferring merchandise from the receiving area to their stock location.
- Consolidating merchandise into picking containers as necessary.
- Packing products securely in cartons and totes.
- Insuring application of shipping ID and marking cartons/totes with truck run and stop number.
- Using the appropriate equipment, ensure that safe and efficient movement and tracking of any inbound, outbound, and stored products within the warehouse.
- Maintaining inventory integrity by adhering to system processes at all times.
- Pulling orders according to sequencing on delivery route/run list.
- Recording amounts of materials or items received or distributed.
- Performing end of shift tasks such as; charging power equipment and verifying completed work.
- Maintaining clean, orderly workstation-returning supplies and merchandise to assigned locations.
- Committing to safe work practices in adherence with Core-Mark's safety policies and requirements.
- Performing other tasks and duties as assigned.
Physical Demands & Working Conditions:
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED) and/or 1 to 3 years of related experience.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Ability to work reliably from verbal and written instructions.
- Ability to apply general math skills.
- Intermediate computer knowledge and ability to learn/use computer programs on the job.
- No forklift experience is needed but a power pallet jack is an asset.
- Physical ability to regularly lift, carry, and position: up to 10 lbs. regularly, up to 25 lbs. frequently, and up to 60 lbs. occasionally.
- Physical ability to handle objects, tools, and/or controls.
- Physical ability to stand for a significant period of time and walk continuously.
- Physical ability to occasionally bend, kneel, crouch, climb, reach, or crawl.
- May require the ability to operate and/or be certified on various powered equipment.
- The warehouse environment with have exposure to a variety of noise and potential extremes in temperature.