Company DescriptionBylands Nurseries Ltd
. is a producer of premium plants offering one of the most diverse and complete mixes of hardy plants available in North America. Over the past 60 years, Bylands has been recognized with numerous industry awards for outstanding business practices and environmental stewardship.
Our Culture of Excellence
supports our Vision (Enhancing Lives With Plants). We are a cohesive team that communicates enthusiastically to brainstorm solutions and act swiftly to help each other. We take ownership & accountability
for decisions made with integrity
, We approach each day feeling empowered and looking for ways to continuously grow, Improve & adapt
. We prioritize the quality
we provide to our customers.Job Description
Reporting to the People & Culture Manager, the TFW Coordinator is responsible for coordinating all aspects of the Temporary Foreign Worker program including adherence to legislation & regulations, and supporting our Guest Workers. This role plays an important connection to a majority of our team as over 100 workers join us each year. As our TFW Coordinator, you'll be accountable for:
- Coordinating the HR cycle for Guest Workers:
- Arrival - schedule flights with travel agency, arrange & conduct orientations, complete paperwork required (contracts, SIN, payroll, COWAN), update HRIS.
- Duration - schedule & assist in transporting to appointments (medical, bank), track accommodation changes, conduct scheduled housing inspections, review bi-weekly timesheets for accuracy, submit medical claims, coordinate with WorkSafeBC.
- Departure - schedule flights, coordinate final payment with Payroll, tax form preparation
- Providing frequent communication to Guest Workers via WhatsApp throughout the year (including pre-arrival)
- Providing regular updates to Management regarding opportunities for improvement (ie. work groups, housing arrangements)
- Participating & collaborating in the LMIA planning process
- Performing Reception functions including phones, office supplies, etc.
You will be busiest during the arrivals & departures (February - April and October - December) so extended hours may be required during those time frames.Qualifications
The person we're looking to add to our team has:
- 1-2 years' administrative experience
- and a Valid drivers' license (Company vehicle or mileage reimbursement available for transporting Guest Workers to appointments)
Some of the competencies you'll need to be successful:
- Attention to Detail
- Champion Diversity & Inclusion
- Communication - English & Spanish(required)
- Confidentiality, Professionalism
- Organization & PC Proficient(Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Teams)
- Regulatory Compliance
- Scheduling & Time Management
The range for this position is $45,000 - $50,000/yr. We are a growing company so there are opportunities for increases and promotions based on qualifications and performance on the job. There is also a call-out fee paid for after-hours calls as you will be the primary contact for emergencies.
We offer a comprehensive benefit plan including Extended Health and Dental, along with a Pension retirement savings plan - part of which Bylands matches!