Core-Mark is a Fortune 300 company and leading distributor of fresh food and packaged goods to the convenience retail industry across the United States and Canada. Our 130-year legacy is built on embracing new challenges, delivering new solutions, and always supporting our customers and each other. Our success comes from both the power of our individual team members and working together as a team.
We are seeking a skilled lead driver to join our team! Our drivers ensure that our products arrive to our customers safely and on time, to multiple locations daily. Our lead driver is responsible to check-in with fellow-drivers throughout the day and resolve any issues. The right candidate must have a strong desire to help coach and train fellow drivers. With the variety of duties you'll perform from day-to-day, you will constantly be on the go and never bored. In addition to driving, our drivers are also required to do offloading work such as stacking and sorting delivered goods and completing pick-ups, as needed.
* This is a full-time position with four 10-hour shifts each week with day shifts. Must be available for some overnight-shifts and occasionally weekend work.*$3,000 sign-on bonus ($1,000 at 30, 90, and 180 days)Responsibilities
- Pre- and post-shift equipment and vehicle checks;
- Checking load inventory against invoices to ensure accuracy;
- Unloading inventory at customer locations by ramp and hand dolly;
- Securing empty pallets and/or totes in the truck;
- Maintaining the cleanliness of the truck;
- Returning equipment following use.
The Lead Driver will also:
Education and Experience Requirements
- Plan and delegate work in a safe, responsible manner and in compliance with all laws and transportation regulations;
- Notify Customer Service of any route changes, including time delays and non-delivered orders;
- Check-in with drivers throughout the day and resolve any issues with assistance from Transportation Management;
- Conduct driver "ride-a-longs" to coach proper ergonomic working methods, proper delivery procedures, commentary drives and safe and compliant driving at all times;
- Serve as a driver role model ensuring adherence to established procedures, required logging tools, and proper use of all technology (POD, XRS etc.) including facilitating driver training as required;
- Monitor driver performance and counsel as required;
- Assist customer service as needed in a prompt, professional manner;
- Availability to travel as needed;
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Transportation Management Team.
- A valid Class 1 license;
- Prefer experience driving a manual transmission, 10 speed or higher;
- A clean driving record;
- Three years of driving experience (highway driving experience considered an asset);
- Leadership experience considered an asset;
- Store delivery experience is considered an asset.
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications:
- The ability to lift a minimum of 50lbs;
- Be self-motivated and driven;
- Flexibility to work varied days and hours;
- Be customer service oriented;
- Leadership skills and the desire to help and to train fellow drivers;
- Maintain professionalism at all times.
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of responsibilities, requirements, or working conditions associated with the job. While this list is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, the company reserves the right to revise the functions and duties of the job or to require that additional or different tasks be performed.Pre-employment screening, including a criminal background check and employment verification, are a condition of employment.