Make an impact with SGS! With more than 89,000 employees and 2,600 offices and laboratories across the world, SGS is a silent force working hard behind the scenes to deliver quality and integrity to businesses across nine industries. As the world's leader in providing inspection, verification, testing and certification services, Forbes ranked the SGS Group as one of the world's top multinationals and one of the world's most innovative companies. The Dow Jones Sustainability Index has also recognized the SGS Group for its sustainability processes. In Canada, SGS employs over 2,000 team members across 70 locations.
Pre-employment Requirements: Selected Candidates will have to complete Drug & Alcohol Testing, provide a clean 5 year Drivers Abstract, complete a criminal Background Check, and provide two references
• Weigh rail car and/or truck in adherence to specific load instructions.
• Fill out loading record.
• Insure that truck/rail car is positioned at proper loading rack.
• Visually inspect the rail car or truck to be involved in the upcoming transfer in order to ensure that everything is mechanically sound and there is no defective equipment before loading or unloading.
• Connection of load arms/hoses/ground straps.
• Check for the last product contained.
• Load rail car/truck according to loading instructions using gauges and/or strapping tables.
• Insure that outages, or, images do not exceed DOT certification for the particular vessel being loaded.
• Ensure the stenciling on the car is correct and in date
• Check weight of rail car/truck after loading to ensure that gross weight is not exceeded.
• Communicate with facility supervisor on any problems as they occur.
• Disconnect loading arm/hose and inspect for any leaks prior to releasing the rail car/truck.
• Secure the T/C as per procedure/regulation.
• Placard the Mode of Transport
• Complete appropriate paperwork/documentation.
• Updates the status of all MOT which they alter in the Clients computer tracking tool
Required: High School Diploma, Valid Drivers License
• Experience: 0-1 years of relevant work experience required or equivalent experience through education.
• Previous experience in a Petroleum Refinery field would be a strong asset.
• Ability and willingness to work rotating on-call shifts, weekends, holidays and overtime.
• Sufficient verbal and written communication skills.
• Must be comfortable working outdoors
SGS Canada is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to achieving greater accessibility by providing accommodation for people with disabilities during our hiring process. Accommodations are available on request for qualified candidates during each stage of the recruitment process.
Please note that candidates applying for Canadian job openings should be authorized to work in Canada.