110-2220 Dollarton Highway, North Vancouver, BC V7H 1A8Location of Work:
North Vancouver, BCSalary:
$102,000 to $140,000Benefits:
Annual Incentive Plan, extended medical and dental, RRSP Matching, 3 weeks paid time offLanguage:
Permanent, full-timeContact Email: [email protected]Your opportunity at Arc'teryx
As Senior Designer, you are responsible for designing advanced comprehensive apparel solutions that are aligned with Arc'teryx design philosophies and continuously exceed our guests' evolving needs. In this role, you will focus on establishing the long-term vision and design strategy for our hike product category with a focus on men's product. You will bring your curiosity and passion for product to imagine and build innovative, relevant and resolved designs. You are an innovative problem solver with a focus on collaborative teamwork. Meet your future team:
The Mountain category creates innovative apparel solutions that work for a variety of activities such as climbing, snow sports, hiking, and trail running. We are builders, problem solvers and passionate outdoor enthusiasts. Fueled by curiosity, we take an immersive approach to identifying future needs then build, test, and validate products that solve for real functional challenges. We are innovative problem solvers with a focus on collaborative teamwork.If you were in the Senior Designer role now, here are some of the core activities you would be doing:
Here are some of the things you could be working on in the future:
- Collaborating with leadership and key stakeholders to establish and drive the vision and long-term design strategy for the Arc'teryx Mountain product category.
- Inspiring, empowering, and supporting a group of high performing Designers and Design Developers to create comprehensive design solutions to exceed end user expectations
- Adhering to Arc'teryx Sustainability Design Principles while also contributing to future improvements
- Identifying and creating innovative performance or technology platforms that underpin product categories
- Driving the commercialization of innovative technologies, including materials, pattern/part shaping and construction techniques for existing and future product categories
- Creating patterns, mock ups, and prototypes to explore, resolve, or prove new concepts or construction techniques
- Collaborating with the Fit & Pattern Team to resolve fit style and construction issues and ensure a fully commercialized product
- Coordinating with the Materials team to test new materials and ensure that necessary items are available for prototyping
- Collaborating closely with other Designers to create and bring new and better toolbox solutions that benefit the brand (such as new technologies, construction techniques, features, etc.)
- Collaborating with the Merchandising team and Design Directors on seasonal line plans and project resource planning
- Partnering with Product Development Managers to gain visibility into cost estimates, MOQs and LOM concerns throughout concepting and prototyping for seasonal products
- Collaborating with leadership and People & Culture to establish and retain Design talent
Are you our next Senior Designer?
- Working closely with Design leadership and our Merchandising team to craft a strategic plan for Men's Mountain apparel at Arc'teryx
- Collaborating with various design activity leaders to identify new product opportunities and propose product solutions
- Working closely with our development teams and innovation partnerships to challenge and evolve the way we bring innovative ideas to production
- You have a Degree in Design (Apparel, Industrial, etc.) or equivalent experience, and a minimum of 8+ years' hands-on experience designing relevant textile-based products
- You have advanced knowledge in design, patterning, sewing, and garment construction with advanced technical and creative skills to pattern and prototype new products
- You are an excellent team player with the ability to take direction, work with minimal supervision and mentor and develop team members
- You have hands-on experience creating tools and construction methods to assist in solving construction issues
- You have excellent planning, organizational, problem solving and decision-making skills
- You are technically proficient with 8+years' experience using Adobe Illustrator, Gerber or equivalent pattern software
- You are proactive in identifying the root cause of issues, seeking the best (sometimes not the easiest) solutions with an unwavering commitment to do what is right
- You remain highly flexible and adaptable when faced with ambiguity
- You effectively balance autonomy and collaboration
- You inspire breakthrough thinking and continuous improvement
- Your passion for your work is paralleled by your passion for getting outside and living it
Arc'teryx is committed to actively creating and fostering a culture of inclusivity where voices are heard, people are seen, and values are respected. We care about the uniqueness of our applicants, employees, and guests, and we do so in a safe space fueled by curiosity and acceptance.
Creating an inclusive workplace is connected to our core value Do Right while also having the added benefit of helping make our business better. We believe inclusion helps us to create a healthier, happier workplace, drive creativity and innovation, and reflect the communities where we operate.
All applicants, employees, and guests can expect equality of opportunity and fair treatment in alignment with our values.Design your Purpose. Live our Values.
EVOLVE (with us). Design your future through challenge, experimentation, and inspiration.
COMMIT (with us). Set and deliver on bold objectives as we collectively raise the bar.
LIVE IT (with us). Deepen your connection to nature and live your most purposeful life.
DO RIGHT (with us). Create a better world, together.