VCA Canada Ross Bay Animal Hospital
is welcoming a full-time dedicated Veterinary Technician to join our amazing team! While our network is large, we still offer that local community feeling, mentorship, and additional training!
Preparing to write your VTNE? We can help!What VCA Canada Offers
- Currently attending, or have completed a Veterinary Technician/Technologist or Animal Health Technician/Technologist program.
- Technical skills or knowledge of physical examinations, patient assessment, catheter placement, anesthesia monitoring, radiology, venipuncture, and pharmacy.
- Surgical preparation, assisting and patient recovery
- Ability to keep detailed and accurate patient records
- Compassionate care for our hospitalized patients and their pet parents
- Ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously
- Ability to problem-solve or the ability to ask clarifying questions to help you find solutions
- Exceptional interpersonal skills in working with your colleagues and pet parents
- Passion to learn more within the role
- A love for all companion animals!!
Join our team and you will make a huge difference in the lives of pets and their families! With an extensive network of hospitals across Canada, each location offers a diverse experience, a local community feel, and a caring culture you can thrive in: We have the right fit for you!
- A caring culture of Wellness and Appreciation!
- Access to amazing mini-courses
- Membership and dues
- Wellness days, sick days, and vacation time
- Employee assistance program
- Continuing education benefits; paid to learn!
- Exceptional career development: there is room to grow here!
- Referral Bonus Rewards
- E-tools to assist with meditation, better sleep, exercise, and focus
- Virtual health care (telemedicine) offering quick access to quality care
- Opportunities to give back in your community through VCA initiatives
- Annual uniform allowance
- Generous personal pet care discounts
- And extra perks like shopping discounts and cool wellness apps!
: [email protected]
for further information or click Apply Now!
VCA Canada is committed to providing an inclusive and diverse workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. If you require any assistance, please let us know.If you are a current associate, you need to apply through our internal career site. Please log into Workday and click on the Career worklet on the landing page or search for Find Jobs. You can also copy the link below into a browser to apply through our internal career site:
VCA Canada is Canada's largest network of companion animal hospitals, devoted to providing compassionate care for pets. Our team of over 2500 people operate specialty-referral, primary care, alternative therapy and emergency hospitals and are committed to providing superior patient care and client experience. At our core are our people - people with different strengths and interests that enrich our diversity, innovation and excellence. In support we provide career development and growth opportunities, continuing education, scholarships and awards. We are also passionate about giving back to the community through Paw It Forward, our national philanthropic program.
Benefits: Additionally, we offer a generous compensation package including health and dental insurance, paid vacation, employee discounts, CE, and more.