Director of Care - Prince George (Relocation incentive for the right candidate)
Are you a Registered Nurse who is looking to make a difference in a Residential Care Site? Are you a positive and compassionate individual who loves leading others? Are you passionate about elderly care? Manpower has an immediate opening for a Director of Care for our client located in Prince George, BC.
If you are not located in Prince George, but interested in this opportunity, there is a relocation incentive for the right individual.
Hours: Full-Time, 40 hours per week, 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM PST Monday-Friday
Salary: $80,000 - $110,000/year + Benefits
What does the role offer you?
* Competitive Salary
* Relocation incentive if you are not currently located in Prince George
* 4 weeks' vacation and 10 days of sick entitlement
* 100% company paid Extended Health & Dental package
* A standard 8AM - 4PM schedule (with flexibility to modify as required).
* Internal opportunities for growth and development
* Educational opportunities with education reimbursement and investment opportunities
* Talent Management Program
* A fun environment with company events and activities.
What is the job?
* Assists with and ensured completion of Care Plan for residents
* Liaises with Ministry officials, including but not limited to licensing/WCB
* Provides on-call support for facility emergencies and staffing concerns via cell phone.
* Liaises with facility management & Ministry officials, including but not limited to licensing/WCB
* Oversees pre-placement visits and suitability decisions
* Ensures accuracy in Intake/Discharge paperwork and resident records
* Manages staff hiring process, maintain staff records, scheduling and payroll submission
* Facilitates ongoing training for staff including performance planning and review, as well as Human Resources audits
* Oversees clinical performances
* Creates action plan(s) to remedy any audits not meeting minimum standards
* Oversees Emergency Preparedness Planning
* Development of new facility programs as required, facility and company policies
* Oversees and Chairs facility committees
What do you bring to the job?
* LPN or RN registration in BC with BCCNM
* 4-5 years' of prior health care management experience required
* Previous leadership or management experience is an asset
* Gerontological experience required
* Be a caring individual who has an aptitude for leadership.
* Detail oriented, professional and able to maintain patient confidentiality.
* Graduation from an approved school of nursing
* Current practicing registration with British Columbia College of Nursing Professionals (BCCNM)
* Maintains a Valid First Aid and CPR "A" Certificate
* MDS education (Gold Care or Point Click Care)
* Must maintain Occupational First Aide Level 1 status (may be a Level 2 depending on site)
* Meets the physical requirements for the role
We love referrals. Visit manpower.ca/referral to easily share this opportunity with friends and family and increase your compensation for each successful referral.
We are committed to creating a welcoming, fair and inclusive environment by offering equal opportunity to access our services. At Manpower Group, we are committed to providing accommodations, and will work with you to meet your needs.