DRIVE YOUR CAREER WITH INLAND
Inland Truck & Equipment is an Industry-leader in the heavy-duty truck & equipment sales, service and parts marketplace. As a rapidly growing company with over 1500 employees across 35 locations in North America, Inland offers exciting employment opportunities that can help you drive your future!
If you are looking for an opportunity to become a part of a dynamic team of professionals, we invite you to apply today. We offer competitive wages and generous compensation packages including medical, extended health and dental plan! THE OPPORTUNITIES
The Accounts Payable Clerk & Receptionist will be responsible for compiling and maintaining accounts payable records by performing such duties as processing invoices, reconciling vendor statements to ensure timely and accurate payments, answering calls on a multi-line telephone system, and receiving and assisting customers.
This position is a 12-month contract to fill for a mat leave. YOUR RESPONSIBILITIESAccounts Payable Duties:
- Match packing slips and purchase orders to invoices
- Codes invoices and sends to the appropriate manager for approval
- Posts invoices in Accounts Payable system.
- Prepares monthly close, runs reports and obtains approval signatures from management.
- Reconciles vendor statements with accounts payable ledger and follows up on outstanding items.
- Sends vendor database changes to head office.
- Prepares expense reimbursement cheques for managers and sales force
- Answers all vendor inquiries
- Assists in receptionist coverage as needed and directed by management (peak times, vacation, lunch breaks, time off, etc.).
- Answers calls on multi-line telephone system.
- Greets visitors and directs them.
- Distributes incoming mail and faxes.
- Receives customer payments in person or over the phone.
- Prepares daysheets.
WHAT WE LOOK FOR
- Prepares quick cheques for miscellaneous payables.
- Files paperwork, as necessary.
- Maintains professional appearance and neat work area.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Becomes familiar with and complies with the company's Health & Safety Manual.
CAN BENEFIT PACKAGE
- High school diploma or general education degree
- One-year certificate from college or business school with emphasis on Accounting or Business Administration preferred
- 2+ years' related experience Accounts Payable experience in a fast paced environment
- Basic accounting/bookkeeping knowledge as it relates to accounts payable and payroll
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational skills with strong attention to detail and accuracy
- High professionalism and demonstrated ability to provide great customer service
- Proficient with Microsoft Word and Excel
- Ability to self-manage time and set priorities
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community
Our employees receive a generous benefits package including:
- Extended Medical (including Vision)
- Prescription benefits
- RRSP with employer matching program
- Long Term and Short Term Disability
- Life Insurance and Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- On-going training opportunities
If you are looking for an opportunity to become a part of a dynamic team of professionals, we invite you to apply today.