Family Caregivers of British Columbia (FCBC) is a registered non-profit charity dedicated 100% to supporting family and friend caregivers. Our mission is to improve the quality of life for family and friend caregivers through support, information, and education. We provide leadership to strengthen the voice of family caregivers and the significance of their role.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Education & Learning Lead is responsible for the design, development, implementation, and the evaluation of the Provincial Caregiver Education Program that meets the learning needs of family caregivers and health care providers. A major focus is on content development and curation in consultation with the FCBC team and external partners resulting in robust evidence-informed curricula that are offered through multiple mediums and formats – digital and in person – to increase skills, knowledge, and confidence related to caregiving.
NOTE: This position is available on a 1-Year maternity leave coverage contract.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Executes an education plan in close collaboration with FCBC team, consulting with caregivers, and partner organizations, with an annual implementation plan
- Leads the production cycles of the Caregiver Connection newsletter (quarterly, print, and digital), webinars, podcast series and other learning tools and resources
- Provides education and learning content for the online Caregiver Learning Center (website) in alignment with education themes/curricula, tapping into content experts, avoiding duplication, and closing gaps in the caregiving space
- Consults with team members to develop and refine content for education training materials, with occasional facilitation of community training
- Contributes to FCBC’s Communication planning with a focus on promoting education and learning opportunities
- Hires and supervises Education project consultants
Evaluates the Education Program and provides reporting for funders and Executive Director
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Completion of a relevant degree or diploma in adult education or a combination of relevant education and experience
- Minimum of (4) years’ experience delivering education programs with expertise in adult learning in a digital environment and in-person
- Knowledge of family and friend caregivers; lived experience preferred
- Experience with curriculum development and multi-faceted adult education programming
- Some experience with managing website content – WordPress
- Developed project management skills with meticulous attention to detail
- Effective managing deadlines, and achieving results within a high production work environment
- Self-starter with high degree of initiative, resourcefulness, and productivity
- Strong presentation and facilitations skills
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Good working knowledge of non-profit organizations
- Proficiency in Windows environment, PowerPoint, Canva and capable of creating visually compelling education content
- Work-from-home office, set up for a virtual work environment, with regular office hours Monday- Friday, with occasional evenings and weekend events
- Some travel may be required in addition to quarterly team meetings at the FCBC office in Victoria, BC (COVID situation dependent).
If you believe that you are the right fit to take on the rewarding role of Education & Learning Lead for the Family Caregivers of BC, please apply with both a resume and cover letter to https://engagedhr.prevueaps.com/jobs/180562-33979.html by Sept 27th at 5:00pm PST.
We look forward to hearing from you and connecting with you!
You must sign in to bookmark this listing.
Apply For job
To apply for this job please visit engagedhr.prevueaps.com.